Neck pain has many causes. Here are some of the most common:
• Degeneration and arthritis in the neck, back or shoulders
• Injuries from auto accidents, sports, or slip-and-falls
• Herniated or bulging discs in the neck or upper back
• Bad posture at work or home
• No support while sleeping with a good mattress or pillow
• Carrying heavy loads or even uneven loads
Neck pain can originate in your neck, upper back, or even your shoulders. The first step is to locate the source of your neck pain.
We do this by conducting a hands-on evaluation. We will see which movements are causing pain; then we’ll examine specific areas using a device that will detect if you have pressure on the nerve(s).
If necessary, we’ll take specific X-Rays of your neck. These pictures are used to confirm a diagnosis or rule out causes before finalizing a care plan.
Your neck, upper back and shoulders are connected, so treatment usually involves all 3 areas. These are the main treatment options we use:
• Adjustments – help to realign the spine and open nerve pathways that could be causing you pain.
• Extremity Adjustments – realign areas such as shoulders, knees, feet, wrists, and elbows and correct faulty biomechanics that could be causing you pain.
• Flexion Distraction Decompression – align the spine and decompress the disc(s).
• Acupuncture – an effective way to open up channels and reduce pain, and improve circulation to promote natural healing.
• K-Laser Therapy – Blood flow is the primary mechanism to speed up healing, thus getting more oxygen to the cells. Class 4 K-Laser therapy creates more ATP in your body.
• Therapeutic Exercises – to improve flexibility, stability, strength, reduce muscle stiffness, and prevent further injury.
End your neck pain once and for all. Long-term relief and sustained changes in the body starts with a healthy spine.
Routine adjustments will keep the spine aligned with no pressure on the nerves. You will also notice improved flexibility and relaxed muscles.